Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Body Shop's Rainforest Moisture Shampoo

Ladies who have dry/damaged hair...i just might have the remedy for you.



Ok firstly, a disclaimer. I know this blog's initial aim was to share my interest in food+travel+photography with you, so whats this out-of-place hair shampoo recommendation doing out here? Well, I decided that its preposterous to keep a good find to myself, so I have decided that the generic theme for this blog would be to write about the cool things/events i have come across, be it a travel experience, restaurant, food or in this particular case, hair shampoos!

好事分享吗。。。

Anyways, people who have know me a long time have given me a few nicknames over the course of 2x years (the x is because a woman's real age is sensitive issue..heh heh)

1. mop head
2. lion king (thanks Jean, thanks)
3. 爆炸hair

so yes, evidently, i have had some issues with my unruly+wiry keratin extensions my whole life (mum blames it on the 'hot temper'. to her, bad temper = wiry hair. hmm.). till i started on this Rainforest Moisture Shampoo thing.

well, i was attracted to it initially because it was marketed as an "eco-friendly" product and yes, being the tree-hugger i am, i was convinced one fine day (after multiple visits to the Body Shop over a course of 2 weeks) to capitalize on the Buy 2 for $29.90 offer and finally got my hands on it!

The 'ingredients' that go into this concoction of a shampoo are:
1. Pracaxi oil
2. Manketti nut oil
3. Community Trade honey

(sounds so yummy!)

and The Body Shop boasts that it does not contain:
1. silicones
2. sulphates
3. colourants
4. parabens

This made me study the chemical make up of the shampoo i was using before and yew, lets just say that I (or we) have been been soaking our hair with those noxious looking chemicals we have been preparing for A level chemistry practicals.

Anyways, again to keep the long story short , this shampoo really really works (sorry,i am not a very creative-descriptive writing kind of person and shall not attempt to be one). Its as though i have waited 2x years for this serendipitous moment!

Also, the entire "No Animal Testing" thing that The Body Shop has going and its partnership with Fair Trade programs lent support to my willingness to part with $15 for a bottle of shampoo.
(By the way, like the flip side to a coin, there are many opposing views on Fair Trade programs - a quick google might land you on some anti-Fair Trade sites that would give you a more balanced view. i happen to take a stand that programs like this have positive impacts that outweigh the negative ones)



Yes, I am pertty wowed by the marketing effect of this product but the truth is that it really works for my 'dry damaged hair'.I can feel my 'fiery temper' heading a few notches south already, pretty sure it has something to do with the smoother hair ;)

No comments: